Premier Senior Living Community offering independent living, assisted living and memory care has an immediate opportunity for an Resident Assistant.
The Resident Assistant is a non-professional employee trained to provide personal care and related services to residents in the community according to documented, individualized service and care plans. He/she functions under the Healthcare Coordinator. May be a Certified Nurse’s Aide but this is not required.Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Obtains vital signs, records and notifies the supervising nurse of deviations per Individual Service Plan (ISP).
- May provide assistance with the following:
- Personal hygiene (bathing, grooming, hair care, shaving, skin care)
- Change bed linens and make bed
- Toileting and Incontinent Care
- Nutritional and fluid intake
- Ambulation and transfers
- Medication reminders
- Other duties as assigned within scope of practice
- Follows the resident’s ISP as directed. Follows the daily task sheets developed for each resident.
- Communicates with the appropriate supervisor about changes in the resident’s status and/or the home situation
- Utilizes standard precautions and infection control procedures
- Follows written instructions and requests assistance and further instructions with new or unfamiliar situations.
- Prepares resident progress notes and submits this documentation in a timely manner
- Assists the resident in maintaining a safe and clean environment
- Exhibits a caring and respectful attitude toward the resident and the resident’s property
- Assist with activities and encourage resident engagement and participation
- Uphold confidentiality of residents and coworkers, HIPAA
- Attend Bi weekly in service meetings and mandatory trainings
- Adheres to all community and company policies
- Performs any other duties as assigned
- Must complete a minimum of 12 hours per year of in-service education.
- Have a minimum of six months experience in a caregiving role, preferably with the elderly.
- Agree to undergo supplemental training by Community personnel, as may be required by the Community.
- Must complete and pass the medication management course.
- Have the professionalism necessary for establishing and maintaining a good rapport with resident and family members. Ability to handle emotionally charged situations in a professional manner.
- Have an interest in and a sympathetic attitude toward caring for the elderly.
- Have the ability to work within a multidisciplinary team setting.
- Must be able to move within the community and the resident’s apartment freely and without limitation.
- Must be able to sit, stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to endure the resident’s environment, which may be unsanitary and uncomfortable.
- Must be able to assist residents to roll in bed, sit up from a lying position, stand from a sitting position, transfer assist to and from w/c and provide stand-by assist during resident ambulation or other activities of daily living.
- High school diploma or a GED.
- Be able to read, write and comprehend English
- CPR Certified within 90 days starting employment.
We offer a competitive hourly wage, full benefits and many more perks!
If you have a passion for helping people and want to grow professionally, please send your resume to for immediate consideration.